A home was being renovated in Longport, New Jersey. New structural steel beams were being added inside and outside of the home. A deep foundation was required to support the additional loads. The engineer designed two helical underpinning piles inside the structure and two helical new construction piles for outside structural support.
- Helical Pile Type: RS2875.203 wall, Truforce Underpinning Brackets
- # of Helical Piles: 4
- Location: Longport, NJ
- Installation Depth: 21′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 24 Kips
- Equipment Used: Hand Held Set Up, 6K Drive, Marian Torque Indicator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Access and mobilization dictated the necessity of using helicals for this project. The entire project had to be done with Hand-Held portable equipment because the work areas could not support the weight of typical installation equipment.
- Danbro Installer: Pigs Heaven Demolition