A residence in a cul-de-sac was demoed and 59 helicals were installed to 25′ to support the deep foundation for a new home in the Victorian sea-side resort of Cape May, New Jersey.
- Helical Pile Type: 2 7/8″ pipe pile
- # of Helical Piles: 59
- Location: Cape May, NJ
- Installation Depth: 25′
- Helix Plates/Ultimate Pile Capacity: 8″ 10″ 12″/10 tons
- Equipment Used: Bobcat 430 Excavator w/ 12 K Drivehead
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: Cape May does not allow driven piles in the historic district of the city as many of the structures in this resort town date back to the Victorian era. The result of a city ordinance passed in 2016 requires helical screw piles when a deep foundation is required. The “neighbor friendly” aspects of helical installations also played a significant role in the adoption of the ordinance.
- Danbro Installer: Coastal Marine Piling
- Engineer/Architect: Arthur Chew Consulting, LLC – Design & Inspection