A cottage needed to be raised out of the flood zone to comply with the new baseline flood elevation established by FEMA post Super Storm Sandy.
- Helical Pile Type: 2 7/8″ Pipe Pile w/.203 wall
- # of Helical Piles: 27
- Location: North Wildwood, NJ
- Installation Depth: 15′
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 12.5 Tons
- Equipment Used: Bobcat Mini-Excavator
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The footprint of the cottage was small requiring a mini-excavator to install the piles. In addition, the concrete contractor beat F W Wilson to the site and excavated the footers so extra caution was required and plywood had to be placed over the open foundation trenches to avoid collapsing them.
- Installer: F W Wilson
- Engineer/Architect: WJM Consulting Engineers – Fine Architecture
Hyland Engineering – Pile Certification