An existing home in a flood zone needed to be raised to the newly established FEMA baseline flood elevation. The home was originally supported on timber piles but they were non-conforming to todays code. The helicals needed to supplement the existing foundation while also providing additional support for the raised structure.
- Helical Pile Type: 4.5″ Pipe Piles
- # of Helical Piles: 13
- Location: Ocean City, NJ
- Ultimate Pile Capacity: 24 kips
- Installation Depth: 50′
- Equipment Used: Bobcat 430 ZHS w/Marian Torque Indicator & Kubota & Bobcat mini-walk behinds
- Challenge/Unique Aspect: The 4.5″ pipe extension were 10′ long to create less connections and adress lateral concerns. Access was tight. The cribbing for this house lift was only 12′ high creating an overhead issue and the installer had to work around the cribbing and the existing timber piles. Three different machines were required to install the piles, dig holes to provide enough overhead clearance and then refill the excavated holes before the machine could move to the next location. Water was encountered around 40 inches so dewatering was also required.
- Certified Installer: Pigs Heaven
- Engineer/Architect: Green Engineering